It’s been awhile! Kicking off 2017 (in March, oops) with an update post and thought I’d throw in some things you may not know about me!
First off, my career shifted a bit about 2 months ago when my previous practice was sold to a larger group. This obviously changed a lot about my day-to-day and leading up to that things were crazy, so I’m finally feeling like I have time to catch my breath! The new role at the new practice is going great, I’m feeling super excited to come into work everyday and love the work I’m doing. God truly leads you exactly where you’re supposed to go, sometimes ready or not!
And even though I haven’t been blogging, I am feeling more inspired than ever! I feel like my style is evolving and so is my personal relationship with myself. I LIKE myself more lately and feel more open to taking risks and trying new things. And most of all, I feel like I am ENOUGH. Just the way I am!
Which brings me to the 5 “things you may not know about me” section of this post! I wanted to put things out there that have been on my heart lately. I have spent so much energy pushing these things about me that I felt made me “weird”, but now I’m proud to embrace them as me and hopefully I can inspire someone else out there to rock their individuality!
1. I was born with a genetic joint disorder that causes me to have frequent knee dislocations. I am much more susceptible to falls, fractures, injuries, etc because of this. There is no cure for it, and fortunately I have the mildest form. Read more about Ehlers Danlos Syndrome here.
2. Because of EDS, I can no longer wear anything but a flat shoe. It’s too risky to wear something like a heel when you have frequent knee dislocations!
3. I struggled with my weight a lot of my life and recently lost nearly 70 pounds on Weight Watchers. Fashion was one of my biggest motivations for losing the weight, but now I enjoy living a healthier lifestyle. All in moderation, of course. Mini doughnuts and champagne are huge weaknesses of mine! (Balance, right?)
4. I am incredibly competitive with myself. I refuse to let anything defeat me. Recently I was “denied’ by Reward Style which was really hard for me. But honestly after I had my pity party it just made me aware of things I needed to get better at and I’m using it as fuel to be better. Because even if blogging or fashion never became my career, it’s already a huge part of my life. And I truly believe I have a light to shine on others and am excited I get to do it in my spare time.
5. I am incredibly blessed! Yep, that’s it. God is awesome and works in me everyday, causing me to triumph and learn and grow. I know His plans for me are HUGE compared to mine and I see Him working in my life every single day.
I really am excited to work blogging back into my life and hopefully to be an outlet for y’all to come chat fashion and what’s going on in your lives. Fashion is a great outlet for me, an ice breaker when I meet someone new, and something I spend HOURS obsessing over, but I also want to motivate, uplift, and encourage.
I have NO idea how I’m going to melt these things together into Rose Gold Outlook, but I am going to give it my all.